So here is the deal… I need WAY more practice when it comes to this wild yeast bread making thing! Ha! There is some sort of finesse required that I don’t have yet and I assume it comes with experience or so I am hoping.
I think the loaves ended up over proofing again. I did that last time and didn’t seem to really learn my lesson. But, we left the house again and got side tracked, so instead of baking at 8 am this morning the bread didn’t make it into the oven until 1 pm. When I went to score my round boule, it deflated like a sad balloon. I freaked, but didn’t cry. Instead, I grabbed my camera. Probably not the best plan of action, but hey, wanted to see how much oven spring I got out of the thing anyway. Here are the before and after pictures.
Not so bad, it could have been way worse. Luckily the yeast had a little umph left to get some oven spring.
These are the two sandwich loaves. Again, when I pulled them out they had a nice dome on them, but after a closer inspection, it was just a very large air bubble. So, i popped them and put them in the oven. I think if I would have baked them in the morning as planned, they would have domed nicely, but instead they have a flat top. But they raised really well and filled out my enormous 10×5 pans. I really need to get smaller pans.
Thanks for checking out the results of my baking day. These loaves shall hold me over hopefully until it cools off. Then I can make smaller loaves more often for fun.
Your comments really make my day, thank you!