An Elegant Monochromatic Birthday Card + Video
Today I have a lovely monochromatic birthday handmade card idea featuring the Unity Stamp Company sentiment kits. Lots of stamping, lots of layering and lots of lovely little things that all come together for this card.
Featured Stamp Kits
What started out as just using Girl Truly, quickly evolved into adding two more kits. I love the flowers in both sentiment kits, but the Girl Truly trio is more springy and ever so slightly larger. Then I needed a sentiment for a birthday – enter Abundant Blessings to save the day. I just love the combo of fonts for this sentiment. And lastly, i wanted a bit of a stamped background which Worn Grid fit the theme perfectly.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on Youtube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
Oooo la la, who knew grey and white could be so elegant. I was slightly worried it might be a bit drab, but the vellum creates such an elegant effect that is accented perfectly with the embossing and sequins to go from a rainy day trench coat to an elegant evening gown look.
Here are the steps to recreate this look:
- Cover a standard A2 cardbase and die cut your center panel with grey cardstock.
- Stamp center panel with Worn Grid in white pigment ink… let dry completely on its own or help it along with a heat tool so it won’t smear.
- Use white spray ink to splatter drops on top of your stamped grid panel. Again, let dry completely while you work on the rest of the card.
- Stamp the floral image on vellum with white ink, then heat emboss with white embossing powder. Fussy cut around the image leaving a slight border of vellum.
- Stamp and heat emboss sentiment in white on cardstock. Notch the end to create the sentiment banner.
- Pop up the flowers using foam adhesive and plan ahead placement to hide the foam behind your sentiment. Pop up the sentiment above the flowers to hide the foam adhesive. Congratulate yourself on doing such a good job of thinking ahead.
- Finally, glue some white sequins to the card front using Glossy Accents.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support of me and my little blog.