Watermark Stamping Behind a Sentiment + Video
Bringing back an old technique today… watermark stamping. It is such a lovely effect and so easy to do. It adds just a touch of elegance to your card. Of course, I’m using some lovely Unity Stamp Company sentiment kits today as well.
Featured Stamp Kit
So many pretty sentiments in this kit. They were made to be used with the doily or on their own. The flower and butterfly were added as accents. There are so many different combinations you could make with just this one little kit.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
I love how it adds just a bit of interest and pulls the purple from the background up into the sentiment.
This is one of my favorite sentiment kits. That doily is just amazing and frames all the sentiments so well. Or you can use the sentiments on their own. So many options and some really lovely accent stamps.
I stamped the butterflies first and then the sentiment. My MISTI was extremely helpful in creating this card, especially when stamping that sentiment so I could repeat stamp to get a dark impression of the words.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Cover a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) with purple watercolor patterned paper.
- Layer 2 torn strips of vellum and then tie a bow with string.
- Stamp the doily on white cardstock.
- Stamp 3 butterflies in the center with a light purple ink.
- Stamp the sentiment over the butterflies and in the center of the doily. Then, die cut out with a circle die and pop it up on the front of the card with foam adhesive.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support of my little blog.