It is Sentiment Saturday time and I’m using an amazing Unity Stamp Company kit with some super sentiments. I just adore fun and cute cards and today’s is so easy to recreate.
Featured Stamp Kit
Don’t you just love that whimsical hot air balloon? Plus those sweet little clouds with hearts, who wouldn’t love a fluffy cloud with a heart. There are so many great sentiments included in this set, perfect for so many different occasions.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on Youtube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
Such a fun and cute little card for any happy occasion. I love the half-tone effect in the background. It is a great way to incorporate some color while still being subtle and simple. So the balloon scene didn’t compete with the background, I added a vellum circle to separate the two. It creates a nice floating the in the sky effect too, for the sweet Copic colored balloon and clouds. You can easily make a set of these by playing with different color combos and changing up the sentiment.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start off with a standard sized A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inch) card and tape your Bubble stencil over the top of the card.
- Using a blending tool, gently add Distress Oxide ink in Broken China over the stencil in a circular motion. Pick up more ink as needed to get the coverage you want. Remove stencil and clean.
- Apply a thin layer of Distress Micro Glaze. This seals in the blue so it won’t blend with the next color. This step is optional. You can just make sure the first ink is completely dry and then apply the next color, but it may blend a little.
- Tape stencil down again, but offset from the blue a little. Using a blending tool, add some Distress Oxide ink in Spiced Marmalade in a circular motion until you get the coverage you want. Remove stencil and clean.
- Die cut a circle from vellum, glue to card front hiding glue in the center of the circle. Trim edge of the circle to match the edge of the card.
- Stamp balloon and clouds and fussy cut out leaving a slight white edge around images. I used Gina K amalgam ink since it is Copic, watercolor, and color pencil friendly.
- Color with Copic Markers. I used Y000, Y15, R20, BG000, BG01, and BG05.
- Glue clouds to the card front and pop up the balloon with foam adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and trim into a banner shape. Pop up on the card with foam adhesive.
- Finish off the card with using a strong glue (like Glossy Accents) to adhere sequins to the card around the balloon. I’m using 2 sequin mixes from Unity Stamp Company (Elsa & Aurora).
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support of my little blog.