A Shabby Chic Birthday Card + Assemble This! Sketch no. 5
I’m back again sharing a project for Unity Stamp Company. Today’s card is based on the Assemble This! Sketch No. 5. Where we have a spray of images going from the top left and down to the bottom right. It can be anything you’d like it to be, but I decided to go with a floral design.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
These flowers are classic… timeless… necessary! So absolutely stunning and beautiful. I could use them over and over again. Um, maybe I do. Haha. I really love how pretty they are and you can adjust the colors to any project.
Today, I’m using that amazing barn wall background stamp for a shabby chic look. Think Shiplap ah la Joanna Graines and then popping up some gorgeous yellow flowers. I’m a watercoloring fool with a bit of string and a popped up
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) card.
- Stamp barn wall background using a dark brown ink onto kraft cardstock. Blend on some Distress ink to give it a variation of color like wood. Adhere to card front.
- Tie s
tringaround card front.
- Stamp flowers onto Canson XL watercolor paper with dark brown ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Watercolor with Distress Inks and let dry completely.
- Fussy cut flowers out and pop up on card front the foam adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on
stripof kraft paper and pop on cardfront.
- Add Morning Dew Nuvo Drops to
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you.