I’m using the new Unity Stamp Company sentiment kit Changes Can Be Beautiful. Today’s card is all about that beautiful changing leaf. We are far from fall here in Arizona. It is my absolute favorite season though and I’m always ready to celebrate even though our temperatures are not.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
Such a pretty little leaf. I love the daintiness and the little lines and hearts hidden inside.
I’m coloring with Copics today. I wanted this leaf to be making the change from red to yellow or somewhere in between.
Sometimes coloring with such different colors such as red and yellow can be difficult with Copics. I did lots of layers and blending as I colored this guy in. It seems like simple coloring but it took me a while to get just the right blend.
Do you love that little bow? I think it just makes the card. A dainty little bow for a dainty little leaf.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 (4.25″ x 5.5″) kraft card.
- Cover with patterned paper leaving a slight line of kraft at the bottom.
- Die cut yellow patterned paper with a scallop rectangle and adhere to the card front.
- Die cut a white stitched rectangle and stamp leaf and sentiment. Pop up on card front with foam adhesive.
- Stamp a second leaf on white cardstock. Color with Copics.
- Fussy cut leaf and pop up on card front with foam adhesive.
- Tie a bow with string and glue to the bottom of the leaf.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you.