Stamp Your Own Background | Assemble This Sketch No. 11
Assemble This Sketch No. 11
Did you see the new Unity Stamp Company sentiment kit for September? It is full of lots of adorable fall images and so many great sentiments. This stamp set inspired me to create my own background. I seem to forget that I can do this. I don’t have rely on pattern paper for my background all. the. time. Lol. I can make my own and you can too.
I had so much fun playing with making my own background that I thought I’d challenge you to try it as well. It is perfect for an Assemble This Sketch. Take a look at your stash or get the brand new sentiment kit and make your own background. You may find you love it, just like I did.
Featured Stamp Set
I had this vision of leaves with veins and hearts. As I started to create this stamp set it just kinda came around on it’s own. I love the little heart accents and the dots as well. There are so many little cute accent stamps included as well. They are basically all my favorite images of fall — a pumpkin, acorn, mushroom and best of all COFFEE. Haha.
I love how the leaves and the objects can be stamped alone or could easily be colored in. I’ve seen Copic and water coloring, some distress ink blending and of course just plain old’ stamping. Simple stamping is my favorite thing to do.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) in kraft cardstock.
- Die-cut a scallop rectangle and a smaller rectangle to fit inside the scallop rectangle from kraft cardstock.
- Stamp leaves and acorns on the smallest kraft rectangle in black ink to create a pattern.
- Adhere scallop rectangle directly to the card front. Wrap twine around the card and tie into a bow.
- Pop the stamped panel up on the center of the card front using foam adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on a strip of kraft paper and notch end. Glue to the front of the stamped panel.
- Add pale gold Nuvo Drops as an accent to the stamped panel and
letit dry completely before handling.
- Admire the pretty background that YOU created. You did
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Compensated affiliate links may be used at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate the support if you are inspired to shop using my links. Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Pure elegance Lisa!
This is so pretty! So many techniques out there, sometimes we forget how pretty a stamped background can be. The light kraft cardstock is a great choice, too.
Sigh, anonymous is me. 😀