Happy Saturday folks. I’m back again with another card featuring the Unity Stamp Company sentiment kits. This card is all about a fun layout. Something a bit unexpected with that circle cut out in the corner. It is the perfect way to feature a sentiment and stamped image.
Featured Stamp Kit
I was really excited when I submitted this kit to Angela. It was something completely new for me and my style. Initially, I sent it in with just the two flower images. Angela loved it but thought it might be missing something… so what else to add but a birdie. Birds are my jam you know. That little bird made this kit something extra special and one of my favorites. Plus, my humor is hidden in a few of the sentiments. I had a bit of fun with those.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on Youtube.
Like this video? Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe.
Oh, that bird… he really ended up stealing my heart. He’s so simple but the addition of the flowers and leaves just makes him so special. This card layout really is designed to highlight special little images like this one. It creates the perfect frame in the corner of the card.
Here are the steps to recreate this look:
- Cover a standard size A2 cardbase with patterned paper. Set aside for later.
- Stamp bird image onto white cardstock with Memento ink (or any Copic friendly ink) and then color with Copic markers. For this image, I used R20, BG10 & G12 for the flowers and bird. Then used N1 to add a bit of shadow to the bird body and wing. Fussy cut the bird leaving a bit of an edge of cardstock around the image.
- Stamp the sentiment on grey cardstock with Versamark ink and emboss with white embossing powder. Die cut or trim into a sentiment banner.
- Die cut a center panel from patterned paper. Using the placement of your sentiment and bird image as a guide, decide where you’d like to have the circle cut out from the corner of the card. We want it to frame the image so it isn’t too close or too far. Tack down the circle die with washi tape and run it through your die cut machine.
- Tie a bow around the top of the panel and then pop it up on the front of the card with some foam adhesive.
- Next, pop up the bird and sentiment with foam adhesive as well.
- Die cut some hearts from pink cardstock and then glue to the card front.
- To finish it all off, add a bit of sparkle to the bird and hearts with a clear Wink of Stella pen.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
Affiliate Links are used when available at no additional cost to you. I appreciate you using the links when possible to help support my little blog.