Copic Colored Thanksgiving card + Video
I have another card to share using the Change Can Be Beautiful Unity Stamp Company sentiment kit. This time I’m getting ready for Thanksgiving. I just love all the great images and sentiments in this kit.
Featured Stamp Set
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made. You can watch it below or on YouTube.
Don’t you just love all those little pumpkins and acorns? All stacked together they make for the cutest little Thanksgiving scene.
I did a bit of masking. I started with the two acorns in the front, masked them off and then stamped the pumpkins on the side. I masked those off and stamped the pumpkin in the back and finally stamped the acorns on the side. It only took 2 pumpkin and 2 acorn masks to make it happen.
Once everything was stamped, I colored the images in with Copic markers. Fairly simple coloring, but it did the job. I really adore how it turned out.
Did you see the little acorn in the corner? Did it make you smile? That was my hope as I added it to the bow.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″). Cover in patterned paper.
- Cut one strip of pattern paper and glue to the card front. Tear a second strip slightly smaller and glue to the center of the previous strip.
- Stamp 2 pumpkins and 2 acorns on masking paper and fussy cut.
- Die cut a stitched rectangle of white cardstock suitable for Copic coloring (such as Neenah 80lb Solar White). Stamp acorn in the middle of the panel. Apply the mask over that acorn and then stamp the second acorn beside it. Apply mask. Stamp a pumpkin on either side of the acorns. Mask both the pumpkins and then stamp a pumpkin in the middle and an acorn on either side. Remove the masks.
- Stamp an extra acorn on some scrap white cardstock and fussy cut.
- Color in the images with Copic markers.
- Stamp sentiment on panel.
- Tie some string around the bottom of the panel in a bow and adhere the panel to the card with foam adhesive.
- Add the single acorn to the center of the bow with foam adhesive.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Compensated affiliate links may be used at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate the support if you are inspired to shop using my links. Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.