Quick & Easy Holiday Cards with Washi tape | Unity Stamp Company
As of today, we only have 80-ish days until Christmas. That’s 11 and a half weeks or 3 months if you round up. I’m never prepared for the holidays and sends me in a bit of a panic. ACK. I still need to shop for gifts too. I haven’t even thought about that. Oh, my fast-beating heart. I really need to get thinking about Christmas cards. I’m all about quick and easy, so this month I’m going to share my designs for this year’s holiday cards.
I don’t limit my cards to just a Christmas theme. I include general holiday cards as well. I have a lovely mix of friends and family who have different beliefs, so I make a mix to spread joy to all. The brand new Unity Stamp Company sentiment kit for September is just perfect for making sure I have a great variety of cards for all.
Featured Stamp Set
This can be a stressful time. So much going on with life, kids, work, trying to fit in Halloween, Thanksgiving and then getting ready for Christmas or the holiday season. Eeek. It just makes me nervous thinking about it.
I love making quick and easy cards. Just because they are easy to make, doesn’t make them any less special. I’m all about a fun and interesting design that is easy to recreate. Heck, I don’t have the time to spend an hour on each card. I wish I did, I’d be all over that if I could. But for this moment in my life, I want to be able to create some beautiful cards in the most efficient way. I love making cards for my family and friends, but time sometimes limits what I can do and accomplish. I just love how this card turned out. It is so easy to recreate just by changing out the patterned paper or washi tape.
Here are the steps to recreate this card:
- Start with a standard size A2 card (4.25″ x 5.5″) covered in the patterned paper. Vary the patterned paper for a different look for each card… if you want. Do what you can and want to do. That is what card making is all about.
- Stamp the sentiment stamps on pattern paper and die-cut into a rectangular shape. I’m using a stitched rectangle to create my sentiment panel.
- Tear a strip of washi tape a bit longer than the sentiment panel and lay down on the card front towards the top of the card. Use your sentiment panel as a guide.
- Glue sentiment panel down on top of the washi tape. This keeps everything stable and secure.
- Tear a second piece of washi tape slightly smaller than the sentiment panel and apply it to the top center of the sentiment panel. This is just for decoration and for a pretty design. The glue behind the panel will keep everything in place.
- Add some accents. I chose to use some gold sequins and glued them in place with Glossy Accents. You could also use Nuvo Drops, enamel dots or rhinestones. Use whatever you have and make you happy.
- Look at that beautiful design and decide how many you could make using different patterns of paper or washi tape. It is endless. From 1 to 100, it is a fabulous design for however many cards you want to create. There is a hint of all the different patterns of paper I used in my featured photo. So super easy and oh so pretty.
Assemble This! Video
I’ve created a quick video tutorial on how this card was made so you can see my entire process.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you are inspired by today’s project. If you create something, I’d love to see it. Join us in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group to share your card and tag me.
Compensated affiliate links may be used at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate the support if you are inspired to shop using my links. Unity Stamp Company usually has a new sale almost EVERY week. Check the website for details & freebies. Stamp sets go on and off sale all the time. Just add the stamp set to your wishlist, if not on sale this week, so you get a great deal.
I’m all for quick and easy, but this looks fabulous too!
Love this! Graphic and fun.